Thanks to a group of people working together in the past, now and into the
future to make a difference for our lake family and community:
- Waterford Hill Landfill closed in October 1990
- Public Access Boat Launch Ramp manned by the DNR
- Lake Quality Studies so we can be on top of any issues BEFORE they become a big problem
- Won a lawsuit against the Cadillac Asphalt Plant (reduced foul odors)
- Replaced the flashing light on the water tower with a light that beautifully illuminates the flag.
- Friends of the Lake – educating safe ways to have a beautiful lawn but not harmful to the lakes
- Environmental committee – learning, educating and executing things that protect our lakes, shoreline and our investment
- Gun Range Noise Reduction
- Safe Boating/Lake Safety Education
- Driving the organization of the “Waterford Lakes Association” through the Waterford Township
- Educating the importance of cleaning boats and trailers to protect our lakes from invasive species. We even got a mobile boat wash demo at the Maceday DNR boat launch for an afternoon to show people.
We welcome other additions that some of our more established Riparians may remember or any other items you would like to share in our Newsletter “RIPARIAN CORNER”.